Data Privacy Statement
In the following, we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data that refer to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behavior.
1. Name and contact details of the data protection manager and the person responsible for processing
The person responsible in accordance with Article 4(7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is MLM Medical Labs GmbH is (in the following: MLM) represented by Prof. Stephan Wnendt, Dohrweg 63, 41066 Mönchengladbach, Germany, Email: info(at)mlm-labs(dot)com, Telephone: +49 (0) 2161 – 4642 0, Fax: +49 (0)2161 – 4642 190. In the following, ‘we’, ‘us’, etc. means MLM.
You can reach the data protection manager of MLM at the above-mentioned address, for the attention of Josua Welter or at dataprotectionofficer(at)mlm-labs(dot)com.
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as kind collected and purpose of use
a) When visiting our website
When accessing our website www.mlm-labs.com, information will be sent to our website’s server via the browser used on the terminal device (laptop, tablet, smartphone or the like). This information will be saved temporarily in a so called logfile. The following information will be saved until automatic deletion without any action on your part:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of the access, time zone difference,
- name and URL of the retrieved file,
- website from which it was accessed (referrer URL),
- content of the request (specific page),
- browser used and, if necessary, the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider,
- amount of data transferred and access status/http status code.
The above-mentioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring a smooth connection with the website,
- ensuring our website is easy to use,
- evaluation of system security and stability and
- for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest results from the above listed purposes for collecting data. In no event do we use the collected data for drawing conclusions about your person.
b) When using our contact form
We provide a form on our website with which you can contact us with any sort of questions. It is essential that you provide a valid email address so that we know who sent the request and where to answer it. Any further information can be given optionally. Data processing for the purpose of you contacting us complies with Article 6(1)(b) or (f) GDPR.
The personal data collected by our contact form will be deleted automatically after the completion of your request.
c) When using MLM online (TM-R)
If you want to use our MLM online platform, you need to register with your name, contact data (company, address, phone number, email address) and the relevant study number. After your registration, an individual decision about your activation will follow, about which we will inform you via email. The disclosure of the aforementioned data is obligatory for using the MLM online portal; you can provide all further information on a voluntary basis when using our portal.
If you use our portal, we will save your data required for the fulfillment of contract. We will delete these data as soon as its storage is no longer necessary, or we will restrict its processing if a legal obligation to retain data exists. Furthermore, we will save the data you voluntarily provided for the duration of the use of the portal, unless you have deleted them. You can manage and edit all voluntary disclosures in the MLM online portal. The legal basis is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
3. Transfer of data
There is no transfer of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those mentioned below:
We only transfer your data to third parties,
- if you gave your express consent in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) GDPR,
- if the transfer within the meaning of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR is required for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims and there is no reason to believe that you have an outweighing legitimate interest in not transferring your data;
- if the transfer within the meaning of Article 6(1)(c) GDPR is subject to a legal obligation; and,
- if this is legally admissible and within the meaning of Article 6(1)(b) GDPR, for the settlement of contractual arrangements with you is required.
We partly use external service providers to process your data. We carefully selected and assigned them, and they are bound to follow our instructions and will be inspected regularly. We did not assign service providers or partners based in a state outside the European Economic Area; the assignment of such service providers or partners is currently not planned.
Furthermore, we also use temporary cookies to optimize user-friendliness; cookies will be saved on your terminal device for a determined period of time. If you visit our page again to use our services, it is automatically recognized that you have visited us before and which information you provided and settings you made to avoid making these again.
The data processed by cookies are required for the named purposes for the protection of our legitimate interest and those of third parties in accordance with Article (6)(1)(f) GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies will be saved on your terminal device or that at least a message will appear before new cookies are created. The complete deactivation of cookies may lead to some of our website functions being unavailable.
5 Analysis tool (Matomo)
The following tracking measures used by us will be conducted in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. Through the tracking measures used, we want to ensure the needs-based design and ongoing optimization of our website. We also use these tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and for the purpose of evaluating how to optimize our service. These interests may be considered legitimate according to the aforementioned regulation.
We use the Matomo open-source software to analyze and statistically evaluate the use of our website. Cookies are used in this (see No. 4). The information about the website use created by the cookie will be transferred to our server and summarized in pseudonymous user profiles. The information is used to evaluate the use of our website and to enable a needs-based design for our website. Information will not be transferred to third parties.
The IP address will in no case be associated with other data regarding the user. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
6. Rights of the person concerned
You have the right:
- according to Article 15 GDPR (in connection with Article 34 of the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG)) to request information about the personal data processed by us. You can specifically request information about the processing purpose, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data were or will be disclosed, the planned storage time, the existence of the right of correction, deletion, restriction of the processing or the right of objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data as far as they were not collected by us and the existence of an automatic decision finding including profiling and possibly meaningful information about their details;
- according to Article 16 GDPR to immediately request the correction of wrong or incomplete personal data saved at our end;
- according to Article 17 GDPR (in connection with Article 35 BDSG) to demand that your personal data saved at our end be deleted insofar as processing to exercise the right of freedom of expression, the fulfillment of a legal obligation for reasons of public interest or for assertion, exertion or defense of legal claims is not required;
- according to Article 18 GDPR to request the restriction of processing your personal data insofar as a) the accuracy of the data is contested by you, b) the processing is illegitimate, but you refuse their deletion, c) we no longer need the data, but you need them for assertion, exertion or defense of legal claims or d) you enter an objection according to Article 21 GDPR against the processing whilst it is not clear whether our legitimate reasons prevail;
- according to Article 20 GDPR to receive the personal data you provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another person responsible;
- according to Article 7(3) GDPR to revoke the consent given to us at any time. This means that we will no longer continue to process data that are based on this consent in future (processing that has been performed before the revocation is not affected by this) and to complain
- in accordance with Article 77 GDPR to a regulatory authority. Usually, you can contact the regulatory authority near your usual residence or workplace or our registered office about it.
7. Right of objection
Insofar as your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interest pursuant to Article 6(1)(f) GDPR, you have the right to enter an objection against the processing of your personal data, as far as reasons exist that result from special situations or the objection is directed against direct advertising in accordance with Article 21 GDPR. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection that will be implemented by us without citing a special situation.
You can send in an objection via post, email, fax or telephone to MLM Medical Lab GmbH, Dohrweg 63, 41066 Mönchengladbach, Germany, Email: info(at)mlm-labs(dot)com, Telephone: +49 (0) 2161 – 4642 0, Fax: +49 (0)2161 – 4642 190
8. Data security
Within the scope of your website visit, we use the spread SSL procedure (secure socket layer) in connection with the highest encryption level that is supported by your browser. Usually, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support a 256-bit encryption, we resort to 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can recognize if a page of our internet site will be transferred encrypted when you see the closed representation of the key or lock symbol in the status bar of your browser.
Furthermore, we make use of appropriate security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, damage, or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures will be improved constantly in line with technological developments.
9. Update and amendment to this data privacy statement
This data privacy statement is currently valid as at May 2018.
Due to further development of our website and offers and due to changed legal or official regulations, it might become necessary to change these data privacy statement in future. You can retrieve or print the respective current data privacy statement on our website https://www.mlm-labs.com/footer-menue/privacy-policy/ at any time.
- Privacy_Policy_www.mlm-labs.com_052018.pdf (169.44 KB)